Professors Sandy Goldberg, Jennifer Lackey, and Fabrizio Cariani have been awarded a $175,000 Mellon Foundation grant for AY 2014-15 to host a Sawyer Seminar in Social Epistemology.
October 10, 2013
September 18, 2013
September 16, 2013 – from 3:AM Magazine
August 22, 2013 – from 3:AM Magazine
July 22, 2013 – from WBUR On Point
Congratulations to the following undergraduates on their award-winning achievements:
May 22, 2013
- Naomi Yang for winning the David Hull Prize for Best Senior Thesis in Philosophy for her essay "Why We Can and Should use Moral Testimonial Knowledge".
- Madeleine Shannon for winning the J.G. Herder Prize for best paper in an introductory level Philosophy course for her essay "Russell's Truth and Falsehood".
- Mauricio Masi for winning the Brentano Prize for Best Essay, "Labor, Use-and-Exchange-Value".
- Mark Silberg for winning the Bretano Prize for Best Essay, "A Theory of Animal Justice".
- Naomi Yang for winning the Stephen Toulmin Prize for the best GPA in Philosophy.
- Dana Grabelsky for winning the Ruth Barcan Marcus Tutor in Logic.
- Dana Grabelsky for Honors in Philosophy for her essay "Aesthetics and the Ethical Evaluation of Art".
- Rachel Schwartz for Honors in Philosophy for her essay "Agreeing to Disagree: A Defense".
- Rafael Vizcaino for Honors in Philosophy for his essay "Grounding Prazis: A Critique of Habermas".
- Mauricio Masi for Honors with Distinction for his essay "World White Web".
- Naomi Yang for Honors with Distinction for her essay "Why We Can and Should use Moral Testimonial Knowledge".
Congratulations to Rafael Vizcaino who has just accepted a place in the PhD program in Comparative Literature at Rutgers University.
May 10, 2013
Congrats to Zach Joachim who has just accepted a place in the PhD program in Philosophy at Boston University.
April 17, 2013
Congratulations to Jun You who won the Best Paper Award at the Untergang Undergraduate Philosophy Conference at the University of Oregon!
March 20, 2013
February 20, 2013 – from Chicago Tribune Back to top