A Master’s Degree in Philosophy will be awarded to students who have:
- (A) completed two years of course work,
- (B) passed both proseminars,
- (C) received passing grades in courses that satisfy the Department’s distribution requirements,
- (D) satisfied the Department’s logic requirement, and
- (E) made up all incomplete grades from the first two years' of study.
A student who has satisfied all of these requirements except (B), having passed the first-year seminar but not the second, may receive a Master’s Degree upon successful revision of the proseminar paper or the writing of a new and superior paper (on a topic acceptable to the Department). Students must apply for a degree on Caesar upon completion of requirements.Back to top