The Northwestern Society for the Theory of Ethics and Politics (NUSTEP) hosts an annual spring conference in moral and political philosophy. We are proud that the conference, now in its tenth year, has an established reputation as a constructive and collegial event addressing some of the most difficult and important questions of moral and political philosophy. The three-day conference features two invited keynote addresses and submitted papers by both faculty and graduate students as well as ample time for informal discussion. This year the conference will be March 8 - 10, 2018 at Northwestern University - Evanston.
Please Note - The morning session on Thursday, March 8th, will be held in Kresge Centennial Hall, Rm. 1-515. The Conference will continue thereafter in the John Evans Alumni Center
2018 Keynote Addresses:
Niko Kolodny (University of California - Berkeley)
Sharon Street (New York University)
- Conference Itinerary
- A booklet containing participant's papers will be distributed at the conference.
- Hotel Information
- A room block has been reserved at the Hilton Orrington Hotel in Evanston for the nights of March 7 – March 11, 2018. Reservations can be made through this block until Friday, February 23, 2018. Rates are $129/night for a king bedroom. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-HILTONS (1-800-445-8667). Notify yourself as being with the NUSTEP Conference to receive the group rate when you call. Attendees can also make reservations at www.orringtonevanston.hilton.com by entering the code NSTC in the box marked "Group/Convention Code." (To confirm your reservation, the hotel requires a guarantee of the first night's room rate and tax, which may be provided by credit card. Reservations canceled 48 hours prior to arrival will be charged for 1 night's room and tax.)
- Transportation to NU Campus
- Lunch and Dinner Options in Evanston
- Tourist Attractions
The conference is free and open to the public.
Please forward any inquiries to Kyla Ebels-Duggan.
- 2017 Marcia Baron, Kieran Setiya
- 2016 Nomy Arpaly, Pamela Hieronymi
- 2015 Frances Kamm, Joseph Raz
- 2014 Tamar Schapiro, Gary Watson
- 2013 Talbot Brewer, Sarah Buss
- 2012 Harry Frankfurt, T.M. Scanlon
- 2011 Philip Pettit, R. Jay Wallace
- 2010 Elizabeth Anderson, Christine Korsgaard
- 2009 Samuel Scheffler, Seana Shiffrin
- 2008 Susan Wolf, J. David Velleman
- 2007 Barbara Herman, Stephen Darwall