The Northwestern Society for the Theory of Ethics and Politics (NUSTEP) hosts an annual spring conference in moral and political philosophy. We are proud that the conference, now in its tenth year, has an established reputation as a constructive and collegial event addressing some of the most difficult and important questions of moral and political philosophy. The three-day conference features two invited keynote addresses and submitted papers by both faculty and graduate students as well as ample time for informal discussion. This year the conference will be May 19 - 21, 2016 at Northwestern University.
2016 Keynote Addresses:
Nomy Arpaly (Brown University)
Pamela Hieronymi (UCLA)
- Conference Program
Check back closer to conference date for a link to access conference papers.
- Hotel Information
- A room block has been reserved at the Hilton Orrington Hotel in Evanston for May 18 - 22, 2016. Reservations can be made through this block until April 20th, 2016. Rates are $155/night for a king bedroom. Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-HILTONS (1-800-445-8667) or by visiting the online reservation event site. Notify yourself as being with the NUSTEP Conference to receive the group rate when you call. Attendees can also make reservations www.orringtonevanston.hilton.com by entering the code NUSTE in the box marked "Group/Convention Code." (Reservations canceled after the cut-off date, Wednesday, 4/20/16, will be charged for 1 night's room and tax.)
- Transportation to NU Campus
- Lunch and Dinner Options in Evanston
- Tourist Attractions
- Call for Papers
The conference is free and open to the public.
Please forward any inquiries to Kyla Ebels-Duggan.Previous Conferences:
- 2015 Frances Kamm, Joseph Raz
- 2014 Tamar Schapiro, Gary Watson
- 2013 Talbot Brewer, Sarah Buss
- 2012 Harry Frankfurt, T.M. Scanlon
- 2011 Philip Pettit, R. Jay Wallace
- 2010 Elizabeth Anderson, Christine Korsgaard
- 2009 Samuel Scheffler, Seana Shiffrin
- 2008 Susan Wolf, J. David Velleman
- 2007 Barbara Herman, Stephen Darwall