The Northwestern Society for the Theory of Ethics and Politics (NUSTEP) hosts an annual spring conference in moral and political philosophy. We are proud that the conference, now in its ninth year, has an established reputation as a constructive and collegial event addressing some of the most difficult and important questions of moral and political philosophy. The three-day conference features two invited keynote addresses and submitted papers by both faculty and graduate students as well as ample time for informal discussion.
Our keynote speakers in the past have been Steven Darwall, Barbara Herman, Susan Wolf, David Velleman, Seana Shiffrin, Samuel Scheffler, Elizabeth Anderson, Christine Korsgaard, Philip Pettit and R. Jay Wallace. In May 2013, they were Talbot Brewer and Sarah Buss. In March, 2014, they will be Gary Watson and Tamara Schapiro.
Frances Kamm (Harvard University)
Joseph Raz (Columbia University Law School)
The conference is free and open to the public.
Please forward any inquiries to Kyla Ebels-Duggan.
- 2014 Tamar Schapiro, Gary Watson
- 2013 Talbot Brewer, Sarah Buss
- 2012 Harry Frankfurt, T.M. Scanlon
- 2011 Philip Pettit, R. Jay Wallace
- 2010 Elizabeth Anderson, Christine Korsgaard
- 2009 Samuel Scheffler, Seana Shiffrin
- 2008 Susan Wolf, J. David Velleman
- 2007 Barbara Herman, Stephen Darwall